HAMILTON -- Nicki Moore has been selected to lead Colgate's athletics, recreation and physical education programs, following a national search for a new athletics director. Colgate sponsors 25 Division I teams with more than 500 student-athletes.
Moore comes to Colgate from the University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill, where she has served as Senior Associate Athletic Director and Senior Woman Administrator since 2015. Starting July 1, Moore will step into a role formerly held by Colgate alumna Victoria Chun, who was recently named Athletic Director at Yale University.
"My goal is to win. To win in the classroom, to win in the community and to win in the lives of the people we touch," said Moore.
Moore also said it still doesn't feel real to be the new AD at Colgate, and the welcoming has been amazing.
"Everybody has been incredibly warm and this morning I was in the bookstore and we were picking up a couple of things, my husband's tie and what not, and Shelly who works there came up and just gave me the biggest hug. She;s like we've been waiting for you. You know you just dont get that in bigger towns."
Moore will take over the athletic duties at Colgate on July 1.
- Colgate introduces new Vice President and Director of Athletics
- Remsen mayor receives letter from Vice President Pence
- Vice President Pence stumps for Rep. Katko in Syracuse
- Brindisi Takes Town Hall to Colgate
- Colgate freshman proves "UCan" make a difference
- Colgate Football Game Canceled Due to Florence
- Army snaps Colgate's 14 game win streak
- Boilermaker introduces Mark Donovan as new president
- Czarnecki named new Hartwick Athletic Director
- Colgate cracks top 10 in Coaches vs Cancer 3-Point Challenge