HAMILTON, N.Y. (AP) - Sean O'Brien scored 18 on 7-of-11 shooting and Will Rayman added 16 points and 12 rebounds to power second-seeded Colgate to a 76-54 victory over No. 7 seed Lafayette in the Patriot League Tournament on Thursday.
The win sends Colgate (18-12) into Sunday's semifinals against sixth-seeded Holy Cross (12-18), which upset No. 3 seed Navy 81-65 on Thursday.
Jordan Burns chipped in with 12 points and four assists for the Raiders, while Dana Batt contributed 11 points and seven boards. Rayman's double-double was his fourth of the season.
The Raiders forced 10 first-half turnovers and turned them into 11 points on their way to a 37-27 lead at intermission. Colgate also snared eight offensive rebounds in the first half and converted them into eight second-chance points.
Eric Stafford hit a pair of free throws 17 seconds into the second half to pull the Leopards (10-21) within eight but they would get no closer. Matt Klinewski paced Lafayette with 12 points, while Justin Jaworski and Stafford both scored 10.
- Colgate routs Lafayette 76-54 in Patriot League Tournament
- Colgate's Matt Langel voted Patriot League coach of year
- Colgate beats Bucknell 94-80 for Patriot League title
- Overwhelming support from community as Colgate heads into NCAA Tournament
- Raiders roll past Navy in Patriot League semifinal, will host Bucknell for title and NCAA berth
- Brindisi Takes Town Hall to Colgate
- Colgate freshman proves "UCan" make a difference
- Colgate Football Game Canceled Due to Florence
- Army snaps Colgate's 14 game win streak
- Colgate extends Matt Langel through 2027