HAMILTON, N.Y. (AP) - Colgate men's basketball coach Matt Langel has been named Patriot League coach of the year.
Colgate was picked to finish fifth in the league and wound up second, matching the 2014-15 squad.
The Raiders (17-12, 12-6 Patriot League) tied all-time program records with 17 regular-season wins and 12 league wins and are one win away from tying the program record for wins in a season.
Colgate finished the regular season 11-3 on Cotterell Court, tying the home record for wins in a season. It's the most home wins in 23 years.
The team also has secured the program's first overall winning record in 10 years. The last Colgate team to finish above .500 overall was the 2007-08 squad that finished 18-14.
- Colgate's Matt Langel voted Patriot League coach of year
- Colgate extends Matt Langel through 2027
- Colgate routs Lafayette 76-54 in Patriot League Tournament
- Colgate beats Bucknell 94-80 for Patriot League title
- 1/5/20 SCORES: Colgate women's basketball wins Patriot League battle against Army
- Lions hire Matt Patricia as coach, eyeing the Patriot Way
- Colgate cracks top 10 in Coaches vs Cancer 3-Point Challenge
- Herkimer's Matt Lee named 2019 NJCAA Coach of the Year
- 1/25/20 SCORES: Utica College men's hockey makes 2020 home debut and extends winning streak to 8 games; Colgate women's basketball remains the only team in the Patriot league undefeated at home.
- Raiders roll past Navy in Patriot League semifinal, will host Bucknell for title and NCAA berth