Utica, N.Y. - The American Hockey League announced the 2019-20 regular season schedule, unveiling the Utica Comets full slate for its seventh season in existence, Wednesday.
Utica plays its first two games of the year on the road beginning with the season opener on Saturday, October 5 against the Binghamton Devils and followed by a tilt with the Wilkes-Barre/Scranton Penguins the following Saturday, October 12.
The Comets will then return to the Adirondack Bank Center for the home opener on Wednesday, October 16 against the Syracuse Crunch.
For the fourth year in a row, the Comets and Crunch will face-off 12 times in the Galaxy Cup series throughout the season. Utica will take on the Rochester Americans ten times, then the Devils, Laval Rocket and Belleville Senators eight times each. They will round out the North Division with four match-ups each against the Cleveland Monsters and Rochester Americans.
The Comets longest road trip of the year is four games over a 12-day stretch in late January to early February. The longest home-stand is five games over eight days in mid-January.
The 2020 AHL All-Star Classic is January 26-27, 2020 in Ontario, CA at the home of the Reign.
The final game of the regular season is Saturday, Aprill 11, 2020 against the Syracuse Crunch on the road.
- Comets 2019-20 regular season schedule released
- Comets 2018-19 regular season schedule released
- Comets close out regular season with overtime victory
- Comets look forward to beginning anew in 2019-20
- Utica Comets announce 2017 preseason schedule
- Comets excited for upcoming season
- Comets season ticket holders celebrate upcoming season
- Comets control play, earn 6-2 win over rival Crunch in 2019-20 home opener
- Comets fall to Marlies in season opener
- Comets fans look forward to the season