Springfield, Mass. - For the second straight season, Utica Comets forward Reid Boucher and the North Division All-Stars have won the AHL All-Star Challenge.
The North went 3-1 in four games during the 3-on-3 tournament. This included two victories back-to-back over the Atlantic Division, the latter coming in a shootout in order to take home the title at the MassMutual Center, home of the Springfield Thunderbirds, Monday.
Boucher, the Comets lone representative, participated in the All-Star Classic for the second straight year and second time in his career. He contributed two goals in the North Division's four games, including the game-winner against the Central in their second game.
Toronto Marlies forward Trevor Moore scored the championship clinching goal against the Atlantic, in the fourth round of the shootout, after the title game went scoreless through regulation.
Beleville Senators forward Drake Batherson was named MVP of the night as he scored five times for the North Division in their championship run.
Below are the final results from the 2019 AHL All-Star Challenge:
Game 1 – Atlantic Division 3, Central Division 1
Game 2 – Pacific Division 4, North Division 2
Game 3 – North Division 4, Central Division 2
Game 4 – Atlantic Division 5, Pacific Division 2
Game 5 – Central Division 5, Pacific Division 3
Game 6 – North Division 4, Atlantic Division 1
Championship – North Division 1, Atlantic Division 0 (SO)
Boucher and the Comets return to action in the regular season on Friday night, on the road, against the Syracuse Crunch.
- Comets' Reid Boucher helps North Division to 2019 AHL All-Star Challenge title
- Demko, Boucher and the North Division win 2018 AHL All-Star Challenge
- Demko, Boucher selected to 2018 AHL All-Star Classic
- Boucher to represent Utica Comets in AHL All-Star Classic for second year in a row
- Boucher's hat trick lifts Comets to victory over North Division leading Americans
- NewsTalk: Rob Esche talks Comets & AHL All-Star Classic
- Grenier wins hardest shot; Demko, Boucher get fans on their feet during 2018 AHL Skills Competition
- Vote for Utica Comets' mascot next week in AHL #MascotMadness!
- Canucks sign F Reid Boucher to one-year, two-way contract extension
- Demko, Boucher discuss All-Star Classic ahead of big weekend