Utica, N.Y. - The Utica Comets hit the ice at the Adirondack Bank Center for the third day of training camp, Thursday.
With just over 30 players entering camp, the team was split into two groups that scrimmaged each other before holding separate practices each.
This year's team is set to have a good balance of veteran leadership and young talent.
Players such as Carter Bancks, Wacey Hamilton, Richard Bachman and Reid Boucher will provide some stability in the lineup, while players like Tanner MacMaster, Jonathan Dahlen, and Zack MacEwen will provide a spark.
There are also a plethora of other additions to this team that have the coaches and players excited to get things going.
"[I'm] excited for our team and to get going for sure," said head coach, Trent Cull. "I like our team on paper right now and the young guys coming in."
Bancks echoed the enthusiasm his coach showed to be back.
"It feels awesome, it's always great coming back here, I've had a great time over four years here," he said. "It's always exciting when you're on the plane heading back here, and getting back with the group of guys, back in the rink and getting back to work essentially getting ready for the season."
Dahlen spent most of last year playing in Sweden, but spent the final games of the regular season and the playoffs series against the Toronto Marlies with the Comets. He's eager to get a full year in North America under his belt.
"Really excited, it's always fun to start a new season off," Dahlen said. "It's been a long summer with training off ice, so obviously really excited to get games going, starting. I've played a lot of games already, but it's going to be fun when it starts for real next week.
The Comets begin a home-and-home preseason set against the Binghamton Devils on Friday, and the regular season begins next Friday, October 5, against the Toronto Marlies at the Adirondack Bank Center.
- Comets excited for upcoming season
- Comets season ticket holders celebrate upcoming season
- Comrie 'excited' to remain with Comets for rest of season
- NewsTalk: Rob Esche talks Comets' home opener, upcoming season
- Comets fall to Marlies in season opener
- Comets 2018-19 regular season schedule released
- Comets fans look forward to the season
- Vernon Downs prepares for upcoming racing season
- Comets close out regular season with overtime victory
- Gritty performance lifts Comets to first win of season