Binghamton, N.Y. - The Utica Comets fell short of a second comeback effort as they dropped their third straight contest, a 4-2 decision to the Binghamton Devils at Floyd L. Maines Veterans Memorial Arena, Wednesday.
After falling behind 2-0 thanks to Kyle Cumiskey and Benn Street, the Comets got on the board late in the opening frame thanks to the first AHL goal for Dyson Stevenson. Vincent Arseneau assisted on the goal with a takeaway and centering feed.
Utica scored the lone goal of the middle stanza, in the final minute, a Nikolay Goldobin tally to cap off a beautiful passing play from Justin Bailey and Brogan Rafferty.
In the third, Chris Conner beat Zane McIntyre on a one-timer off a feed from Nathan Bastian. Street added an empty netter late.
The Comets return to action Friday night when they host the Wilkes-Barre/Scranton Penguins at the Adirondack Bank Center.
Puck drop is at 7 p.m.
- Comets fall short against Devils for third straight loss
- Comets' streak halted by Devils
- Johnson, Devils shutout the Comets in Utica
- Comets point streak comes to an end with home loss to Devils
- Comets gain point, fall to Thunderbirds in OT for sixth straight loss
- Comets finish October undefeated with 3-1 home victory over Devils
- Comets fall to Rocket 4-2
- Sports Express Wrap: Comets top Devils for third straight win, state-ranked Cooperstown remains unbeaten, West Canada edges Frankfort in league matchup
- Comets score four in second period barrage to earn season opening win against Devils
- Comets drop eighth straight as playoff hopes continue to fade