Conor Riley broke the scoreless deadlock with four minutes to go in the first period when his centering pass deflected off of a Comets’ defender and past Demko. Kero tied the game a minute and a half later, depositing a rebound over the shoulder Devils goaltender Cam Johnson. Boucher had the assist.
John Edwardh regained the lead for Binghamton three and a half minutes into the second period. Boucher answered halfway through the second period with a one-timer on the power play. Kero and Zack MacEwen tallied the assists. Ryan Schmelzer put the Devils back on top at the 16:15 mark of the middle frame. The Comets had several chances to tie the game in the final four minutes of the period but the visitors would take a 3-2 lead into the second intermission.
Edwardh struck again early in the third to double Binghamton’s lead. Archibald put the Comets back within one when he stripped a Devils’ defender and beat Johnson over the blocker with five and a half minutes to go in regulation. The Comets through everything they had at Binghamton in an effort to tie the game but were stunted by the Devils defense.
The Comets are back in action Thursday, December 27 against the Devils at 7 p.m.
- Comets' streak halted by Devils
- Comets point streak comes to an end with home loss to Devils
- Johnson, Devils shutout the Comets in Utica
- Comets push point streak to 16 straight games with win over Senators
- Marlies overpower Comets at home
- Sports Express Wrap: Redskins top Mills in rivalry game, VVS girls remain undefeated, Comets extend point streak in road victory
- Comets quest for Calder Cup comes to an end with loss to Marlies
- Comets late surge not enough in loss to Laval Rocket
- Comets blown out by Crunch in Galaxy Cup series loss
- Comet move within one point of Amerks with OT win