Belleville, Ont. - The Utica Comets extended their point streak to 16 straight games with a 5-4 win over the Belleville Senators at Yardmen Arena, Monday.
The streak matches the longest point streak in the AHL this season.
Tony Cameranesi got the scoring going with a quick wrister off an offensive zone faceoff for his second of the season, just under the halfway point of the first period.
Five minutes later, Zack MacEwen continued his hot play of late, putting home a shot off the rush to give Utica a 2-0 lead.
Fresh off another stint in the NHL, Reid Boucher came back with force as he scored off his own rebound after skating behind the net, for his franchise-record tying 23rd goal of the season. That put the Comets up by three.
Belleville opened the second with a 5-on-3 power play and capitilized, scoring two goals in less than one minute to climb right back and make it 3-2.
Wacey Hamilton then stopped the bleeding with a rebound tap-in after he went behind the net as well, and David Dziurzynski scored his second of the year in order to restore the Comets three-goal lead.
The Sens scored a shorthanded goal to bring them within two in the third, and then moments later, another Belleville goal by Ben Sexton would make it a game at 5-4.
From there, Comets netminder Richard Bachman shut the door, stopping all shots on a late power play and making 30 saves in total in the win.
The Comets return to action on Wednesday night when they host the Lehigh Valley Phantoms. Puck drop is at 7 p.m.
- Comets push point streak to 16 straight games with win over Senators
- Comets' streak halted by Devils
- Army snaps Colgate's 14 game win streak
- Comets top Rocket for second straight come-from-behind win
- Sports Express Wrap: Redskins top Mills in rivalry game, VVS girls remain undefeated, Comets extend point streak in road victory
- Comets point streak comes to an end with home loss to Devils
- Comet move within one point of Amerks with OT win
- Comets gain point, fall to Thunderbirds in OT for sixth straight loss
- UCFC cools down the Heat, Comets win streak snapped by Checkers
- Comets win streak snapped at four, fall to Marlies in Toronto