Utica, N.Y. - Two players are set to return to the Utica Comets as the team announced the signing of forwards Vincent Arseneau and Seamus Malone to AHL contracts, Thursday.
27-year-old Arseneau skated in 38 games with the Comets this past season, scoring nine goals with two assists for 11 points. He had originally joined the team during the 2017-18 capaign on a professional tryout deal.
He is a native of Quebec, Canada.
Malone will spend his first full year as a pro in Utica.
He suited up in six games for the Comets at the tail end of last season, following the completion of his collegiate career for the University of Wisconsin.
The 23-year-old Illinois native scored three goals in that time before a season-ending injury forced the team to release him from his amateur tryout contract before the end of the year.
Through 143 NCAA games with the Badgers, Malone had 104 points.
- Comets sign duo in Arseneau, Malone
- Hamilton signs two-year deal with Comets
- Comets re-sign F Cam Darcy to one-year extension
- Comets sign veteran netminder, Michael Leighton, to PTO
- Marlies overpower Comets at home
- Comets fall to Rocket 4-2
- Comets excited for upcoming season
- Comets' streak halted by Devils
- Mug Club: "Bugsy Malone Jr." Presented by the Clinton Middle School
- Utica Comets announce 2017 preseason schedule