Toronto, ON. - The Comets are leaving Toronto this weekend 1-1 after a big third period comeback by the Marlies.
The Marlies struck first early in the first period with a power play goal by Adam Brooks. His first of three of the night.
The Comets would score 3 unanswered goals through the end of the second period. Justin Bailey and Lukas Jasek added one each in the first and on a power play Reid Boucher with a shot in the second which was deflected off of Bailey to the back of the net so Bailey tallies two goals for this game.
The Marlies caught fire in the third period, scoring two goals back to back in the middle of the period to tie things up 3-all and with five minutes to go, Jesper Lindgren sent a shot in that was deflected passed Michael DiPietro to take the lead 4-3.
To seal the win, Adam Brooks scored in a two-on-one push that gave him a hat trick for this game and put the Marlie in front 5-3.
The Comets could not answer the timely surge of the Marlies and are going home with a weekend split.
Following the conclusion of the game the Canucks recalled forward Antoine Roussel and defenseman Jalen Chatfield.
Utica is back in action on Friday against the Bridgeport Sound Tigers. Puck drop is at 7 pm.
- Comets split weekend in Toronto due to Marlies third period comeback
- Marlies overpower Comets at home
- Hamilton's Buitenhuis signs with Toronto Marlies
- Comets fought hard but fall to Marlies in overtime, Toronto leads series 1-0
- Comets win streak snapped at four, fall to Marlies in Toronto
- Comets fall to Marlies in season opener
- Marlies overpower Comets in third period on their way to 5-2 victory
- Comets second period scoring frenzy lifts them to win over Marlies
- Comets force Game 5, down Marlies 5-2 at home
- Comets playoff hopes continue to dwindle with loss to Marlies