Utica, N.Y. - The Utica Comets got four goals from four different players as they beat North Division foe, Laval Rocket, 4-1 at the Adirondack Bank Center, Wednesday.
Jonah Gadjovich got the scoring going deflecting a shot from the point by Jaime Sifers into the back of the net, 6:21 into the first period to give Utica a 1-0 lead. Stefan LeBlac had the secondary assist on the goal.
The Comets then added to that lead on the power play with Lukas Jasek blasting a one-timer glove side past Charlie Lindgren, off of a feed from Luke Schenn with 5:22 left to play in the opening frame.
In the second, Tanner Kero was ready with his stick on the ice in the slot as he jammed home a rebound off a shot from Jonathan Dahlen on the man advantage, with Reid Boucher also assisting in order to make it 3-0 Comets. That goal came 3:16 into the frame. With the assist, Boucher extended his point streak to five straight games.
Laval got one back on a power play of their own with Michael Pezzetta tipping a shot past Michael Leighton at the 19:03 mark of the second.
Utica got the next, and final, goal of the contest 3:16 into the third with Evan McEneny putting a wrist shot from the right circle past Lindgren. Jalen Chatfield and Vincent Arseneau had the helpers on his marker.
Leighton finished the night with 20 saves for the Comets, while their offense has now scored 18 goals in the last four games.
The Comets are back in action on Saturday night, on the road, against the Wilkes-Barre/Scranton Penguins.
- Comets steady on both ends of the ice in win over Rocket at home
- Comets fall to Rocket 4-2
- Demko returns from injury, Comets ground Rocket with 3-2 win
- Marlies overpower Comets at home
- Comets late surge not enough in loss to Laval Rocket
- Rocket soar past Comets in third consecutive matchup
- Comets snap eight game losing skid, beat Rocket in shootout
- Comets win Community Service Excellence Award
- Comets' Bachman to represent USA in 2018 Ice Hockey Classic
- Comets point streak comes to an end with home loss to Devils