Binghamton, N.Y. - The Utica Comets saw their three-game winning streak end at the hands of the Binghamton Devils, Wednesday.
They dropped a 4-2 decision to their North Division rival at the Floyd L. Maines Veterans Memorial Arena.
The Devils took the game's first lead with Nathan Bastian poking in the put at the crease. With under one minute to play in the first, Brendan Gaunce put home a rebound on a shot from Jesse Graham. That was a power play goal to knot things up at one.
Binghamton regained the lead early in the second, on the man advantage, when John Quenneville wristed a shot from the faceoff dot glove side on Thatcher Demko.
Seven minutes later, the Devils added to their lead with a goal from Egor Sharagovich.
Zack MacEwen brought Utica within a goal after batting a puck out of mid-air and slipping it between the defender's legs before breaking in on goal and putting in a shot on the forehand.
That's as close as they'd get though, as Ryan Schmelzer iced it with an empty net goal late in the third period.
Demko stopped 23 of 26 shots on the night in the loss, while Mackenzie Blackwood turned away 26 shots of the Comets' 28.
Utica returns to action on Friday night, north of the border, when the visit another North Division opponent in the Belleville Senators.
Puck drop is at 7 p.m.
- Comets' streak halted by Devils
- Johnson, Devils shutout the Comets in Utica
- Comets point streak comes to an end with home loss to Devils
- Comets finish October undefeated with 3-1 home victory over Devils
- Comets fall short against Devils for third straight loss
- Comets score four in second period barrage to earn season opening win against Devils
- Harried Housewife: Smoky Bacon Deviled Eggs
- Comets push point streak to 16 straight games with win over Senators
- UCFC cools down the Heat, Comets win streak snapped by Checkers
- Comets win streak snapped at four, fall to Marlies in Toronto