Charlotte, NC - Darren Archibald scored the game-winning goal in overtime on a back-door feed from Brendan Gaunce as the Comets took the final meeting of the year against the Charlotte Checkers at Bojangles' Coliseum, Tuesday.
Gaunce had a goal and two assists in the contest, while Thatcher Demko made 33 saves.
The Comets gave up a two-goal lead in the second when Charlotte scored three straight.
Reid Boucher sent the game into overtime by scoring on a one-timer from Lukas Jasek with 54 seconds left in the third. Evan McEneny had the other Comets tally.
Utica returns to action on Friday night against the Springfield Thunderbirds on the road. Puck drop at 7:05 p.m.
- Comets win OT thriller against Checkers in Charlotte
- UCFC cools down the Heat, Comets win streak snapped by Checkers
- Comet move within one point of Amerks with OT win
- Early goals, Archibald injury cost Comets in 5-2 loss against Checkers
- Comets give up two-goal lead in OT loss to Marlies
- Comets gain point, fall to Thunderbirds in OT for sixth straight loss
- Charlotte Russe to close near 100 stores
- Comets win wild one against Penguins in overtime
- Gritty performance lifts Comets to first win of season
- Demko returns from injury, Comets ground Rocket with 3-2 win