COOPERSTOWN, N.Y. – The new Community Foundation of Otsego County has created a COVID-19 Relief and Recovery Fund to support organizations and residents affected by the coronavirus pandemic.
According to the foundation, the funds will be allocated to the following:
- Support for medical workers, EMTs, police, firefighters, and others in essential workers.
- Prevention measures, such as education and sanitary supplies to limit the spread of the virus.
- Support for vulnerable populations, like older adults with compromised immune systems, and people who are homeless.
- Practical needs, in case of disruption in services to vulnerable populations, such as meal delivery and daily living support for homebound older adults.
- Food access and other practical support for people who have lost wages or are unable to stock up on food, specifically those who fall in the gaps of government-led responses.
The Fund has started with a grant of $20,000 from the Community Foundation of Otsego County and a $1 for $1 matching challenge grant of another $30,000 from its board members and volunteers.
For more information or to donate to the fund, visit: cfotsego.org.