ROME- Gregory Mignot III, 10, is fighting osteosarcoma, a form of cancer that affects the bone.
Gregory takes trips out to Syracuse several times a week for treatment which makes it hard for his father, Greg Mignot Jr., to keep working.
Friends put together a fundraiser at the Stanwix Veterans and Men's Club in Rome to help the family pay for medical expenses.
"Sometimes in life when you have downs and you lose hope, something like this restores hope," said Greg Mignot Jr. "It brings our spirits up and it helps keep us happy," he added.
Members with the Rome Police and Fire departments stopped by to show their support.
- Community comes together to help 10-year-old boy with cancer
- 10-year-old busts bullies with powerful song
- 10-year-old Utica girl shot in arm while sleeping
- Waterville community shows support for editor battling breast cancer
- Community comes together to help a local woman fighting Cancer
- Dancing through cancer
- Clinton community comes together to support local woman battling breast cancer
- Immunotherapy shows lung cancer promise
- Cancer survivors honored in Whitesboro
- Local Boy Scouts chapter holds annual leadership dinner to highlight community leaders