UTICA – We first reported last month that tenants at the Historical Park Apartments in Utica said crime was rampant and management was nowhere to be found. They said for about six months, there had been no management on site to take care of daily concerns.
Today, it’s a much different story. Tenants say new owners and management have taken over, they’re present daily, and they’re eager to improve conditions at the apartment complex. They say things have already improved.
“To have, like, peace of mind and we can move freely in the building – yeah, it's great now,” said Opay Wyatt, a tenant of the building. “I can sit in my car and not worry about people coming through here arguing and fighting over drugs and stuff."
Greenland Property Services is now managing the Historical Park Apartments building, which they purchased from Longley Jones. They plan on updating the units with new flooring, light fixtures, doorknobs and other features.
- Conditions improving at Historical Park Apartments under new ownership
- Trenton mobile home park gets makeover under new ownership
- 9 pets discovered in filthy conditions in Utica apartment
- Tenants of the Jeffrey Hardware Apartments reporting poor conditions
- Uptown Theatre set to become non-profit under new ownership
- Utica residents learn about home ownership grants at meeting
- 'Herb' Philipson's celebrates grand reopening under new ownership
- $90M in upgrades planned for state parks, historic sites
- Radioathon Fundraising Improves
- Improving weather ahead