WASHINGTON, D.C. -- Congressman Anthony Brindisi joined parties from both sides of the aisle to pass the Blue Water Navy Vietnam Veterans Act of 2019.
This new act will give veterans access to earned benefits for those who served in the territorial waters off the shores of vietnam and were exposed to agent orange.
“I’ve listened to the veterans in my district and they said it’s time for Washington to put politics aside and get the job done,” Brindisi said. “We did that in the House, now it is up to the Senate to do right by our veterans. This is landmark legislation for the veterans in our district, who bravely served our country, but have fallen victim to political games in Washington.”
The legislation now moves on to the Senate for consideration.
- Congressman Brindisi's 'Blue Water Navy Vietnam Veterans Act' passes House
- Congressman Brindisi begins first term representing NY-22
- Congressman Brindisi weighs in on Mueller Conclusion
- NEWSTALK: Rome Vietnam Veterans Memorial
- Brindisi announces "Valentines for Veterans"
- Brindisi's veteran suicide prevention legislation passes in committee vote
- Vietnam veterans honored at Parkway Center ceremony
- Congressman-elect Anthony Brindisi holds 'thank you' party in Utica
- Congressman Brindisi continues push to hold Spectrum accountable
- Family takes in 89-year-old Navy veteran