UTICA- NEWSChannel 2 spoke with Congressman Anthony Brindisi on Saturday about the latest developments in the impeachment investigations against president Trump.
On Friday, the House Judiciary Committee passed two allegations.
1. Abuse of Power
2. Obstruction of Congress
The Congressman told NEWSChannel 2 he's taking the weekend to look over the documents so he can make a decision.
"I think the whole country is ready to move on from this and we will see where things go next week. This is a weekend where I'm really going to take some time and go through the evidence," said the Congressman. "I've been working hard all week long, we got this trade deal in place. We passed a great bill to help our local manufactuer Sherrill manufacturing, so I'll take a look at the evidence this weekend and make a decision next week."
The next step is for the decision to go to the house, where impeachment will be debated again.
- Congressman Brindisi begins first term representing NY-22
- Congressman Brindisi weighs in on Mueller Conclusion
- Congressman Brindisi delivers holiday cards to veterans
- Congressman-elect Anthony Brindisi holds 'thank you' party in Utica
- Congressman Brindisi continues push to hold Spectrum accountable
- Congressman Brindisi's 'Blue Water Navy Vietnam Veterans Act' passes House
- Congressman Brindisi holds town hall meeting at HCCC
- Congressman Brindisi holds Town Hall in New Hartford
- Congressman Brindisi introduces bill to help farmers with mental health