In the spirit of the Olympics, Congresswoman Claudia Tenney gave a special shoutout to Erin Hamlin. It happened during an interview Thursday on Fox News.
When the topic of the Olympics came up, the congresswoman shared her thoughts on Remsen native Erin Hamlin being chosen as flag bearer for the opening ceremonies.
"I just want to say if I can, Erin Hamlin, who hails from my area, is going to be the flag bearer in the opening ceremony," Tenney said. "So I want to say congratulations to Erin. That's a positive note coming out of my district so that is going to be very exciting and I'm looking forward to supporting our team, Team USA, as we go forward in the Olympics."
Hamlin was selected to carry the flag after her teammates voted for her, and then a coin toss broke a tie between Hamlin and another Team USA athlete.
The Remsen native's nearly 20-year career will be coming to an end following the 2018 games.
- Rep. Claudia Tenney congratulates Erin Hamlin
- Erin Hamlin back in NY
- Rep. Claudia Tenney talks about her first year in office
- NewsTalk: 22nd Congressional District Candidate Claudia Tenney
- Erin Hamlin says goodbye to Lake Placid
- Remsen's Erin Hamlin qualifies for 4th Olympics
- 4-time Olympian Erin Hamlin returns home
- Erin Hamlin returns home to hero's welcome
- Erin Hamlin presented DeWitt Clinton Award
- Erin Hamlin thankful for family's support this Thanksgiving holiday