(May 11, 2017)
UPDATE: The jury began deliberating in the Kaitlyn Conley murder trial Thursday afternoon after a half-hour closing argument by the defense and a nearly three-hour closing argument by the prosecution.
At the end of court on Thursday, jurors provided Judge Michael Dwyer with a note requesting three pieces of testimony to be read back to them when deliberations continue at 9:30 a.m. Friday.
UTICA, N.Y. – The end of the Kaitlyn Conley murder trial is near.
Witness testimony wrapped up Wednesday in Oneida County Court, and closing arguments from the defense and the prosecution will begin at 9:30 a.m. Thursday.
Twenty-four-year-old Conley of Sauquoit is accused of poisoning her boss, Dr. Mary Yoder, to death in July 2015, using the common gout medicine Colchicine. She is also accused of trying to frame Adam Yoder, the doctor’s son and Conley’s on-and-off ex-boyfriend.
Conley worked as a receptionist and office manager at the Yoder family's chiropractic office in Whitesboro.
The dozens of witnesses throughout the trial included Yoder’s sisters, her children, her husband, DNA experts, investigators, Yoder’s final patients before she died, and more. Jurors also got to see snippets of hours-long interviews of Conley by Oneida County Sheriff’s Office investigators.
The prosecution says that all evidence in the case points to Conley as Yoder’s murderer, while the defense maintains that the entire case is circumstantial and even accused Mary Yoder’s husband, William Yoder, of killing his wife.
The defense will make its closing arguments first, followed by the prosecution’s closing arguments, and the jury will begin deliberating immediately afterward.
NEWSChannel 2's Joleen Ferris has been live tweeting the entire trial from Oneida County Court.
- Conley Trial: Follow live coverage of closing arguments
- Conley Retrial: Closing Arguments
- Conley Trial: Follow live court coverage of Day 12
- Conley Trial: Follow live court coverage of Day 8
- Conley Trial: Follow live coverage of day 10 in court
- Conley Trial: Follow live coverage of day 11 in court
- Conley Trial: Live coverage of Day 5 in court
- Conley Trial: Live court coverage as week 2 begins
- Conley Trial: Live courtroom coverage of Day 7