(April 28, 2017)
UTICA, N.Y. - Day five of the Kaitlyn Conley murder trial began at 10 a.m. in Oneida County Court.
Conley, 24, of Sauquoit, is accused of using the gout medicine Colchicine to poison her chiropractor boss, Dr. Mary Yoder, to death in July 2015. Conley worked as a receptionist for the Yoder family's chiropractic office in Whitesboro and also dated their son, Adam Yoder, on and off. At the time of Yoder's death, Conley was reportedly the only employee working for the Yoders.
On Thursday, Yoder's final patients from July 20, 2015 took the stand. Those who saw Yoder for morning appointments that day experienced a very different Yoder than her afternoon patients, who saw Yoder as she was falling ill, just two days before she died.
The second witness to take the stand Friday was 71-year-old William Yoder, Mary Yoder's husband, who is now dating Mary Yoder's sister. The defense argues that William Yoder is to blame for his wife's death, not Conley.
To follow along live as witnesses testify during day five of Conley's murder trial, visit: Conley Trial: Day 5
- Conley Trial: Follow live court coverage of Day 12
- Conley Trial: Live coverage of Day 5 in court
- Conley Trial: Follow live court coverage of Day 8
- Conley Trial: Follow live coverage of day 10 in court
- Conley Trial: Follow live coverage of day 11 in court
- Conley Trial: Live court coverage as week 2 begins
- Conley Trial: Live courtroom coverage of Day 7
- Conley Trial: Follow live coverage of closing arguments
- Conley Trial: Prosecution vilifies Conley, defense accuses Yoder's husband