ROME, N.Y. – Crews broke ground Tuesday at the site of Air City Lofts, a new $20 million mixed-use apartment complex at Griffiss Business and Technology Park in Rome.
The apartment building will also have space for offices and other amenities on the first floor.
Bonacio Construction purchased the land from Griffiss Local Development Corporation for phase one of the project. This phase will include two four-story buildings with ground floor commercial space and 84 units of upper level apartments.
President of Mohawk Valley Edge, Steve DiMeo, says this project is a reflection of the good things that are happening in the area.
“Sonny Bonacio and the Bonacio construction team are very successful developers and builders in the Capital Region and the fact that we have investors and people from outside the region looking finally upon this as a place to invest is, I think, a testament in terms of the changes that are taking place across the region,” said DiMeo.
Construction is scheduled to be completed in one year.
- Construction begins at new Griffiss apartment complex in Rome
- Rome apartment complex gets $22M in upgrades
- Construction begins on new Utica business complex
- New sculptures installed at Rome's Griffiss Park
- Two mixed-use buildings coming to Griffiss park in Rome
- New innovation campus to open at Rome's Griffiss Park
- Fighter Jets return to Griffiss
- Construction begins at site of new Hannaford in Rome
- Construction begins on security fence at Rome Lab
- West Street Apartments complex opens in Utica