HERKIMER – Construction on the new Herkimer County Jail continues, and those overseeing the project are tracking milestones as the project progresses.
"Now, probably the biggest milestone is closing up the building. You can see a lot of walls have gone up; the roof is going on. It now looks like a building," said Sheri Ferdula, budget officer for the City of Herkimer.
As winter approaches, most of the remaining construction will happen inside the new structure.
“From this point on, a lot of the work will be inside, so it won't look like too much is going on, but the inside will be very busy,” Ferdula said.
The new facility is located on Route 28 in Herkimer. It is expected to be completed by June 2020.
- Construction continues on new Herkimer County Jail
- Herkimer County Jail plans continue to progress
- Bids being reviewed for construction of new Herkimer County Jail
- Herkimer County Legislature accepting bids for jail construction
- An updated timeline on construction for new Herkimer Jail
- Herkimer county residents tour 1834 jail
- Crews urge caution during Herkimer road construction
- Herkimer County Correctional Facility construction reaches a milestone
- Construction begins on new Herkimer County dog park
- Construction has begun to supply cleaner water to Herkimer County