FRANKFORT, N.Y. -- The area is another day closer to Tractor Supply Company opening in Frankfort, and another day closer to new development at the business park.
Construction will soon begin on a gas station called "Higby Gold.”
The truck stop will have eight gas pumps, five high-speed diesel pumps, and a convenience store.
The Herkimer County IDA says it will be similar to the stops you see on the Thruway, where trucks go to one side, consumers on the other side.
“The truck stop came about because they looked at what's going on with Tractor Supply and the rest of the park but they looked at traffic that's along Route 5S. They anticipate several hundred trucks a day going in and out of this facility. When the facilities are all completely built, we'll have about 800 employees here as well a day,” said John Piseck with the Herkimer County IDA.
Higby Gold is the development company, and the truck stop will also have a restaurant open 24-hours.
It's anticipated to open next summer.
- Construction slated to begin on 'Higby Gold' truck stop in Frankfort
- Construction begins on Adirondack Food and Fuel in Frankfort
- UPDATE: Higby Road reopened following crash
- Woman ticketed in Higby Road accident
- County lawmaker: New lights needed for accident prone Higby Road
- Police ID Utica man killed in Higby Road crash
- New Hartford woman injured in Higby Road crash
- Quick-thinking driver steers truck into Frankfort woods to crash
- Frankfort Police Incident Update
- $16.6M construction project along Route 5S/Oriskany Street set to begin