Construction is now underway for a new Home2 Suites by Hilton on Genesee Street in Utica, Mayor Robert Palmieri announced Wednesday.
The four-story, 14,000-square-foot hotel will be the first extended stay hotel in the area. It will have 89 rooms with fully equipped kitchenettes, and the hotel will also have a pool and community spaces with a fire pit and outdoor grills.
The developer is Visions Hotels, which owns several other hotels in the city of Utica, such as the Double Tree by Hilton Hotel Utica, the Hampton Inn, the Holiday Inn Express Hotel and Suites, and Fairfield Inn and Suites.
“We always find that doing business in Utica has been more like a walk in the park, very easy to work,” said Andy Patel, managing partner and chief development officer for Visions Hotels. “Everybody knows us and they’re just very cooperative. This town is really very easy to work with and we love it.”
The hotel is expected to be complete by next fall.
- Construction underway for first extended stay hotel in Utica
- Construction work underway at Utica Public Library
- Construction updates on the former Radisson Hotel
- Woman injured after crash into Utica hotel
- St. Patrick's Day Parade underway in Utica
- Construction underway for Cliff's Local Market on Culver Avenue
- Healthy for Good Expo underway at Utica College, despite storm
- Hard work underway to prepare Utica Zoo for accreditation inspection
- Utica Housing Authority seeks employees for construction project
- Utica common councilors vote to turn down extending term limits, both sides react