UTICA, N.Y. – Contestants from “American Ninja Warrior” traveled around Utica Thursday, talking to elementary school students about staying active and working hard to achieve goals.
Daniel Gil and Jonathan Horton stopped at Jones Elementary School to put on a presentation, focusing on setting goals and the importance of physical and mental wellness.
“I think now more than ever in our country and our society, and in the culture that we live in, it is more important than it has ever been for kids to find some way to stay active, to stay engaged in something, whether it's sports -- it can be any number of things,” said Gil.
Mohawk Valley College worked together with the Boilermaker to bring the pair to the area.
Gil finished in second place during the last season of “American Ninja Warrior,” and Horton is a regular finalist on the show.
- Oneonta native takes on American Ninja Warrior Monday night
- Boilermaker and MVCC host 'American Ninja Warriors' meet and greet and presentation
- Clinton Warriors Benefit Game
- The American Heart Association announces new fundraising goal
- Rescue Mission goals
- Otsego County 2018 goals
- 2018 Goal: Achieving financial fitness