Clinton, N.Y. - In winning a school-record 28 games in the regular season, the Hamilton Continentals softball team also set a new program benchmark, clinching their first postseason appearance.
The Continentals will be the No. 2 seed in the NESCAC Tournament, where they will face No. 3 Trinity in the quarterfinals.
"It's really exciting," said Continentals head coach, Stephanie Hartquist. "The tournament is a cool thing, we're in a really, really tough conference, everybody that we play, it's the best competition out there I think. So it's a really special thing just to be going and playing."
The players are confident that not only did they make school history this season, but they can do even more damage in the postseason.
"Just seeing how we've progressed, and yes our record and all these things we've accomplished this season just shows how strong this team really is," said junior shortstop, Kendall Searcy. "We've built up to this point knowing that we can do it, and I have all the faith in the world in this team and I know that we can go so far. I'm so excited for this weekend to prove that"
The Continentals will take on the Bantams in the NESCAC quarterfinals on Saturday morning at 9:30 a.m. The game will be played neutrally at Tufts University in Medford, Massachusetts.
For more on the story, click on the video above.
- Continentals excited for first postseason appearance
- Continentals enjoying another successful year, eyeing even deeper postseason run
- Lincoln Continental brings back 'coach doors'
- UCHC announces changes to postseason tournament format
- Comets excited for upcoming season
- Continentals softball team breaks Hamilton College record for single-season wins
- Maroon Knights using early postseason exit as motivation
- Boilermaker officials announce exciting changes to this year's race
- Class of 2017 excited for Baseball Hall of Fame induction
- Comrie 'excited' to remain with Comets for rest of season