UTICA, N.Y. -- An appeal has been denied for a Utica man convicted of killing a Rome woman.
Darnell Howard was received the maximum sentence for second-degree murder in the shooting death of Rose Ortiz.
It happened in October of 2014.
He is serving a sentence of 25 years to life.
- Convicted killer from Utica denied appeal
- No decision yet in appeal of Proctor football star Will Smith's convicted killer
- Convicted killer to spend decades behind bars for mother's death in Utica
- Man convicted in Will Smith death files appeal
- Appeals court overturns doctor's conviction in wife's murder
- Louisville must vacate basketball title, NCAA denies appeal
- Judge denies ex-NY Assembly speaker bail pending appeal
- DA: Suspected killer declared unfit to stand trial in Utica
- Appeals court to hear case of ex-Proctor star Will Smith's killer
- Convicted Utica drug trafficker sentenced to decade behind bars