COOPERSTOWN – If you’re looking for something to do this Labor Day weekend, the Cooperstown Artisan Festival could be the perfect family fun event for you.
Local artists and crafters will be on hand with everything from hand-blown glass, to iron-made goods, to pottery, knitwear, paintings and more. There will also be food vendors and live music.
The festival will be held 10 a.m. to 5 p.m. Saturday and Sunday on the upper part of Main Street in Cooperstown.
Organizers say there’s plenty to see and do in Cooperstown.
“That's what we want to make sure people understand is that Cooperstown isn’t just baseball, it's not just summer,” said Matt Hazzard, executive director of the Cooperstown Chamber of Commerce. “We have such a strong artisan group in central New York and anytime that we can take an opportunity to celebrate that, and really showcase their skill set, I think it's a win for everybody.”
You can find parking on residential side streets or the Red Trolley parking lot.
- Cooperstown Artisan Festival to be held this weekend
- Artisan Festival draws hundreds to Cooperstown
- Residents calling Cooperstown Artisan Festival "A piece of heaven"
- List of local festivals being held this weekend
- Aquatic Invasive Species boat washing demo held in Cooperstown
- Cooperstown Summer Music Festival's full lineup made public
- Welsh Festival of Song held in Clinton
- Cooperstown (Hawk)eyes program's first state title this weekend
- Packed streets in Cooperstown for the holiday weekend
- Accommodations are scarce ahead of induction weekend in Cooperstown