With a 71-61 victory over Middle Early College, the Hawkeyes capture the program's first New York State Class C Championship.
Tournament MVP Jack Lambert followed his record-setting 53 point performance in the semis with 24 against the Kats and talked about what being a state champion means to him.
“It’s an incredible feeling. I’ve literally dreamed of this forever,” said Lambert. “This is just so amazing. Just to bring it back to the community, to our team. Just to do this for all of the guys that played before us.”
- History made! Cooperstown boys basketball team captures first ever state title
- Cooperstown is abuzz over boys basketball team's first state title
- Bertram resigns as coach of Cooperstown boys basketball, tennis teams
- Seward stops by NY History Day in Cooperstown, made possible with state funding
- Adirondack shuts out Little Falls on the road; RFA, Cooperstown win boys golf sectional titles; Cooperstown wins tennis sectional title
- Cooperstown (Hawk)eyes program's first state title this weekend
- Cooperstown Summer Music Festival's full lineup made public
- Changes made to proposed zoning law following Cooperstown public hearing
- Cooperstown baseball, Oneida softball fought hard but lose in state title games
- Little Falls girls soccer team eyes program's first state title