COOPERSTOWN, N.Y. -- The executive director of the Cooperstown Chamber of Commerce has announced his resignation.
Matthew "Matt" Hazzard wrote a letter lettting chamber members know that he will be resigning to pursue and develop his family business -- Leatherstocking Trolley Company, and other personal interests.
He said that he will continue his job duties through mid-April of 2019, allowing the board to do a full search for his replacement.
He ended his letter by saying:
"I am truly grateful for the valuable experience that I have gained during my time at the Cooperstown Chamber of Commerce. I have established life-long relationship and with the assistance of an incredible staff, the Chamber has introduced many long-lasting initiatives and made great strides during my tenure. The opportunity to serve the community I grew up in and that I love, and the businesses that comprise it, has truly been a privilege. I am confident that the Board will find a passionate individual who can provide exciting new opportunities for our wonderful community in the future."
Hazzard says the timing of his resignation will allow the chamber to continue marketing efforts, and the launch of a new website.
- Cooperstown Chamber of Commerce executive director stepping down
- Cooperstown Chamber of Commerce names new executive director
- Herkimer County Chamber of Commerce names new executive director
- Cooperstown Chamber of Commerce receives $100K state grant
- Cooperstown Chamber of Commerce honors Business Hall of Fame Class of 2019
- Herkimer County Chamber of Commerce celebrates 50th anniversary
- Mug Club: Herkimer County Chamber of Commerce Annual Meeting
- Rome Chamber of Commerce awards businesses, nonprofits on 170th anniversary
- Stanley Theatre names new executive director
- Adirondack Scenic Railroad Executive Director resigns