SOUTH NYACK, N.Y. (AP) - New York State Police say actor and comedian Chevy Chase was kicked in the shoulder during an altercation with another driver.
Police say the 74-year-old Chase was driving in South Nyack on Feb. 9 when he was cut off in traffic by a 22-year-old Long Island man. Authorities say the former "Saturday Night Live" star chased the other driver across the Gov. Mario M. Cuomo Bridge, before both pulled over.
Authorities say the driver and Chase got into a verbal argument, which led to a passenger in the car cursing at Chase and kicking him in the shoulder. The driver contends the kick was self-defense because Chase threw a punch first.
The passenger faces harassment charges.
(Copyright 2018 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- Cops: Chevy Chase kicked in roadside altercation in New York
- Big & Rich joins Chevy Court lineup for 2018 NYS Fair
- Ludacris, Hanson added to this summer's Chevy Court lineup
- The Temptations to perform in Chevy Court for NYS Fair
- State police investigating roadside trash fires in Camden
- Cassville man charged with assault after altercation with deputy
- Christmas caroling cop
- Shop with a cop
- New York lawmakers kick off state budget work
- Great New York State Fair kicks off today!