This afternoon Dr. Brian Bellair, superintendent of the Whitesboro Central School District, sent out a notice to the school community about the loss of 7-year-old Taylor Mishlanie, who died in a house fire in Yorkville last night.
Taylor was a student at Marcy Elementary School. She and her mother, 41-year-old Heather Mishlanie, were pulled from a second-floor apartment at 95 Campbell Ave. Thursday night after a fire broke at the home out just after 10 p.m.
Heather Mishlanie is currently listed in critical condition at Upstate Medical University in Syracuse.
"Please know that our crisis team has been mobilized, and that counseling is available for any student or staff member,” Bellair’s notice said. “Arrangements for counseling can be made by calling the main office at Marcy Elementary School at 315-266-3420. If your child needs assistance over the weekend, please contact Marcy Elementary School Principal, Kim Newton, at 315-570-7261.”
Bellair says that thoughts and prayers are with the families, friends, students and staff impacted by the tragedy.
- Counseling available for Whitesboro CSD community following fatal Yorkville fire
- Whitesboro CSD responds to alleged threat against high school
- Whitesboro CSD voters approve budget, bus and security propositions
- Yorkville Fire Memorial
- State Police take over investigation into Yorkville fatal fire
- Yorkville fatal fire is ruled accidental, but investigation continues
- Yorkville murder: new information
- Yorkville fire victim on life support
- Funeral arrangements announced for Yorkville fire victims
- Whitesboro community mourns loss of officer Crossley