OAKLAND, CA -- A federal court awarded over $2B to a California couple who claimed the weed killer 'Round-Up', caused them both to develop cancer.
The verdict is the third courtroom loss for the agro-chemical company Monsanto in California since last August.
In a statement, Alberta Pilliod claims that Round-Up caused her and her husband to develop cancer.
Pilliod says, "We've been fighting cancer for 9 years now, Al longer than me, and it was caused by Round-Up. It's changed our lives forever. We can't do the things that we used to be able to do and we really resent Monsanto for that fact."
Pillioid says they wish Monsanto had proper labelling on their round up containers for the potential life-altering dangers with using it.
- Couple awarded $2B in Round-Up court case
- Trump administration announces $2B to help the homeless
- Oneonta Hotel court case decision
- Supreme Court won't take case of ex-NY assembly speaker
- 'Smallville' actress Mack in court in sex trafficking case
- Supreme court date set for Utica term limits case
- Raekwon Winston case back in Oneida County Court
- Case of former Brindisi staffer, Stemen, in Utica City Court
- Courts still awaiting autopsy results in Bianca Devins case
- DAR Good Citizens Awards