UPDATE -- The Oneida County Sheriff’s Department released the names of the people involved in car crash in Westmoreland Thursday evening. Officials said a passenger in one of the vehicles was badly injured.
Officials said Claude Crowell of Rome was traveling south on Route 26 when he attempted to turn left onto Skinner Road. Crowell's van crossed in front of a van driven by Ashlee Rubyor, who was traveling north on Route 26.
A passenger in Crowell’s van was badly hurt. James Gonzalez of Vernon was airlifted by Mercy Flight helicopter to Upstate University Hospital in Syracuse where he was listed in critical condition Thursday evening.
Rubyor was taken Saint Elizabeth Medical Center for apparent minor injuries and Crowell was treated and released at the scene.
Roadways in that area were closed for several hours, but were re-opened shortly before 8:00 P.M. Thursday evening.
WESTMORELAND, N.Y. -- At least one person was seriously injured after a two-car crash in Westmoreland Thursday.
Crews are still on the scene, where one person was airlifted to a nearby hospital for treatment.
The initial call came into Oneida County 911 shortly before 4 p.m.
The crash happened near the Skinner Road and Route 26 intersection near Vernon.
Officials say all lanes of Route 26 between Lowell Road and Ottman Road are closed at this time.
NewsChannel 2 is at the scene and will have more information as soon as it becomes available.
- Man critically injured in Westmoreland two-car crash
- 1 injured in 2-car crash in Westmoreland
- Utica woman injured in Westmoreland rollover crash
- 2 injured in crash in Westmoreland
- Camden man critically injured in snowmobile crash
- Man critically injured after Inlet snowmobile crash
- Westmoreland Pool Fundraiser
- NEWSTALK: Halloween in Westmoreland
- 2-car crash in Westmoreland shuts down roadway
- Westmoreland man accused of sexually abusing child