UPDATE (9 a.m.): Utica police say a 20-year-old man and a 21-year-old man were taken to St. Elizabeth Medical Center following the crash on State Route 12 southbound Tuesday night, and the 21-year-old is currently in critical condition.
Police say the 20-year-old driver and a 17-year-old passenger were not hurt in the crash, which occurred around 8:15 p.m. when the driver tried to take the ramp from State Route 12 onto State Route 840 and missed the ramp, according to police.
The names of those involved in the crash have not yet been released.
Police say it appears that speed was a factor in the crash, but the investigation and accident reconstruction is not complete yet.
UPDATE (5 a.m.): The road is now completely re-opened after last night's crash.
UTICA, NY – Two people are being treated at a local hospital following a crash on State Route 12 southbound Tuesday night.
The crash happened around 8:15 p.m. near the New Hartford border.
Traffic in the area is backed up and authorities are re-directing motorists around the crash site, but the left passing lane of State Route 12 has reopened. The ramp from State Route 840 to State Route 12 has also been closed temporarily.
Only one car was involved, which was found flipped over on its roof.
Two people were rushed to St. Elizabeth Medical Center. Officials have not confirmed the extent of their injuries yet.
- UPDATE: 21-year-old man in critical condition after Arterial crash
- 2-car crash temporarily halts traffic on Arterial
- UPDATE: Traffic flowing again after 2-vehicle Arterial crash
- UPDATE: Woman in critical condition following crash in Sangerfield
- Driver in Deerfield crash in critical condition
- Rome man in critical condition following motorcycle crash
- Man in critical condition after crash on Culver Ave.
- Condition critical for Ambulance Corps
- UPDATE: 1 person dead, child in critical condition following crash in Lewis County
- Man critically injured after Inlet snowmobile crash