SANGERFIELD – A woman is in critical condition following a crash in Sangerfield early Thursday afternoon involving a truck and motorcyle, which caused a portion of State Route 20 to be closed between Route 12 and Mason Road.
State Police say 72-year-old Paul Dudden of Camillus was driving west on Route 20 just before 12:30 p.m. when he attempted to make a U-turn and pulled in front of a motorcycle driven by 46-year-old William Price of Cassville. Troopers say both Price and his passenger, 58-year-old Michele Price, were ejected from the motorcycle.
Michele Price was airlifted by Mercy Flight to Upstate University Hospital in Syracuse for treatment of severe internal injuries. Police say she is listed in critical condition.
William Price was taken by ambulance to the same hospital with non-life threatening injuries.
The helicopter to airlift Michelle Price landed at Waterville Central School. We're told some afternoon school bus routes were delayed or redirected because of the crash.
Police say their investigation into the crash is continuing. There is no word yet on whether or not any tickets have been issued.
- UPDATE: Woman in critical condition following crash in Sangerfield
- 2 people hospitalized following 1-car crash in Sangerfield
- UPDATE: 21-year-old man in critical condition after Arterial crash
- Rome man in critical condition following motorcycle crash
- Man in critical condition after crash on Culver Ave.
- UPDATE: 1 person dead, child in critical condition following crash in Lewis County
- 16 year old killed, 18 year old injured in one vehicle accident in Sangerfield
- UPDATE: Utica woman in 'good condition' after being airlifted from Frankfort crash
- UPDATE: Police identify 7-year-old fatal fire victim, mother in critical condition
- Suspect in critical condition following Sherburne gas station robbery