Photo Gallery 1 Images
UTICA – Fire crews battled a house fire in the city of Utica early Thursday morning.
The fire at 18 Greenwood Court was first reported at 5:23 a.m., according to the Oneida County 911 Center.
Fire officials say that when crews arrived on scene, the entire front of the house was fully engulfed in flames.
The homeowner and his dog were able to escape from the house before fire crews arrived. The local American Red Cross says they provided immediate assistance to the homeowner after the fire.
Officials say there is extensive damage to the home and also damage to a house next door. Investigators are on scene now working to determine the cause.
(Photo and video courtesy of Kristin Szatko)
- Crews battle early morning house fire in Utica
- Crews battle Marcy house fire
- Crews battle house fire in Durhamville
- Fire crews battle house fire; smoke visible for miles
- Crews battle house fire on Oswego Road in Rome
- Fire crews kept busy battling Trenton blaze
- Crews battle fire at vacant Dolgeville home
- Fire crews battle blaze at Westmoreland barn
- Six displaced by early morning fire in Utica
- Firefighter injured in early morning fire in Utica