DOLGEVILLE, N.Y.-- A firefighter was at home on Wednesday afternoon when he saw smoke coming from a house at 181 Bacon Brook, and he drove to the area to see where it was coming from.
When the firefighter got closer and saw flames, he tried to call crews for help but the poor cell service in the region prevented him from making contact.
The house in Dolgeville was within Oppenheim's fire district, and Oppenheim fire crews tell NEWSChannel 2 that Dolgeville, Salisbury and Fulton County firefighters aided them in battling the flames once the proper authorities were finally alerted.
Crews extinguished most of the flames by 5 p.m., and fire officials say two firefighters were taken to a local hospital to be treated for heat exhaustion.
The cause of the fire is still under investigation.
- Crews battle fire at vacant Dolgeville home
- Crews battle late night barn fire in Dolgeville
- Crews battle Marcy house fire
- Crews battle fire at foreclosed home in Florence
- Fire crews kept busy battling Trenton blaze
- Crews battle house fire in Durhamville
- Fire crews battle blaze at Westmoreland barn
- Fire at vacant building on South Street
- Vacant house gutted by fire in Sherrill
- Vacant property catches fire in Whitesboro