Photo Gallery 3 Images
DURHAMVILLE – Emergency crews were called to the scene of a house fire in Durhamville Friday morning.
The fire at 5293 Charles St. was first reported at 8:47 a.m., according to the Oneida County 911 Center.
Durhamville Fire Chief Eric WIlcox say there is heavy damage to the one-story house, and nobody was home at the time but a pet bird died in the fire. The cause is believed to be electrical in nature, but it is still under investigation.
New London, North Bay, Verona, Sylvan Beach and Oneida Castle first were also called to assist, along with Oneida County Emergency Services.
"Today is a little challenging because the heat and humidity is starting to come up," Wilcox said. "We had a lot of help from our neighboring departments, rotating men in and out, so we’re spreading the load amongst everybody."
We will provide more information as it becomes available.
- Crews battle house fire in Durhamville
- 1 person injured in overnight Durhamville fire
- Crews battle Marcy house fire
- Fire crews battle house fire; smoke visible for miles
- Crews battle early morning house fire in Utica
- Crews battle house fire on Oswego Road in Rome
- Fire crews kept busy battling Trenton blaze
- Crews battle fire at vacant Dolgeville home
- Fire crews battle blaze at Westmoreland barn
- Fire crews work fast to battle Kirkland fire