TRENTON N.Y.-Fire Crews from at least three fire departments responded to a barn fire in the Town of Trenton Thursday night.
Crews from Holland Patent, Barneveld, and Stittville were called right around 7:00 pm to a Barn on Powell Road.
First arriving crews reported a heavy smoke condition.
Ian Brucker, the Chief of the Holland Patent Fire Department tells NEWSChannel 2 the fire was caused by "old sawdust on the floor" inside the Barn.
"This Barn is just used for storage, (and) there were no animals in the Barn." Brucker said. "After (our) investigation, it just appeared that there was some old sawdust on the floor that just happened to spontaneous combust throught the temperature changes we've been having lately." Brucker added.
No injuries were reported as a result of the fire.