PLAINFIELD, N.Y. (UPDATE) - The owner of a barn that caught fire in Plainfield says they lost about 30 animals, including cows and pigs, in that fire Monday.
Jane Stetson tells NEWSChannel 2 they had put the animals in the barn shortly before the fire started, around 4:00 p.m.
The fire on Armstrong Road destroyed the barn.
NEWSChannel 2 had reported in our TV broadcasts that all the animals had been rescued. NEWSChannel 2 received that information from Lorraine Chapman, president of the Unadilla Forks Fire Department. Stetson told WKTV that information is not accurate.
Officials are looking into the cause of the fire.
PLAINFIELD – Several fire crews are responding to a barn fire in Otsego County.
The barn fire on Armstrong Road in the town of Plainfield was reported just before 4 p.m. Monday. Smoke and flames were visible when crews arrived on scene.
NEWSChannel 2 crews on scene say the barn is leveled, and there's no word yet on a cause or whether or not there were any animals in the barn. We will provide more information as it becomes available.
- Fire destroys barn in Plainfield
- Van Hornesville barn destroyed by fire overnight
- Plainfield family looks to rebuild after losing animals in barn fire
- 2 acres burned in Plainfield brush fire
- Cows dead, barn destroyed after massive fire in Little Falls
- Fires destroy two garages, a barn in Lewis County
- Livestock killed in Little Falls barn fire
- 56 cows killed in Leyden barn fire
- UPDATE: Barn fire in Frankfort deemed accidental
- Fire sparks at pole barn in Verona