ALBANY, N.Y. (AP) - Democratic Gov. Andrew Cuomo has released his 2018 New York state and federal tax returns.
The Cuomo administration allowed reporters to inspect the 61-year-old third-term governor's tax documents at the state Capitol on Monday, the deadline for filing personal federal and state incoming tax returns.
Cuomo's adjusted gross income last year was just over $211,000, mostly from his $179,000 salary plus investments. He paid more than $51,000 in federal and state taxes, compared to nearly $55,000 in 2017.
His 2018 income was taxed at a federal rate of 18.5%, compared to 19.6% the previous year.
Cuomo made the same 2018 charitable donation in the same amount as he did in 2017: $11,000 to HELP USA, a charity he founded years ago to fight homelessness.
Copyright 2019 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.
- Cuomo paid $51K in taxes in 2018, down slightly from '17
- Adirondack Park Agency approves classification for 51K acres
- Scores 2-Day: February 17, 2018
- Scores 2-Day: April 17, 2018
- Scores 2-Day: May 17, 2018
- Scores 2-Day: July 17, 2018
- Scores 2-Day: September 17, 2018
- Scores 2-Day: October 17, 2018
- Capitol Watch: Special election, Nixon-Cuomo taxes
- Capitol Watch: Farmworker labor debate, Cuomo taxes