CANASTOTA, N.Y. (AP) - Two-division champions Donald Curry, Julian Jackson and James "Buddy" McGirt have been selected for induction into the International Boxing Hall of Fame.
Also to be enshrined are welterweight champion Tony DeMarco in the old-timer category, promoter Don Elbaum, referee/judge Guy Jutras, publicist Lee Samuels and broadcaster Teddy Atlas in the nonparticipants and observers category.
Journalist Mario Rivera Martino was selected posthumously in the observer category.
Inductees were voted in by members of the Boxing Writers Association and a panel of international boxing historians. The induction ceremony is June 9 in Canastota, New York.
- Curry, McGirt among 9 picked for Boxing Hall of Fame
- Boxing Hall of Fame weekend approaches
- 2018 Boxing Hall of Fame Induction ceremony
- Eight new members inducted into the International Boxing Hall of Fame
- Chipper Jones visits Baseball Hall of Fame
- Baseball Hall of Fame Weekend Overview
- Toy Hall of Fame announces 2018 inductees
- Baseball Hall of Fame announces 2019 ballot
- Mariano Rivera visits Baseball Hall of Fame
- Hall of Fame President Jeff Idelson retires