Utica, N.Y. - Alexis D'Aoust scored two goals as he lead the Utica Comets over the Hershey Bears at the Adirondack Bank Center, 3-1 on Friday.
D'Aoust scored his first of the game on a power play in the opening frame, when he deflected a shot from the point by Guillaume Brisebois to give the Comets the first goal of the game.
U.S. Olympian, Chris Bourque, tallied in the second for the Bears as he tied things up at 1-1.
D'Aoust then found the back of the net before the end of the period off a rebound on another shot by Brisebois for his second of the night. That gave the Comets at 2-1 lead.
It would stay that way until the final minute of the game when Andrew Cherniwchan put in an empty-netter to seal it.
Richard Bachman made 25 saves on 26 shots for the win as the Comets keep pace just one point behind the Rochester Americans, who won in overtime, in the standings.
Utica returns to action on Saturday night, on the road, against the Springfield Thunderbirds. Puck drop is set for 7:05 p.m.
- D'Aoust's pair of goals lifts Comets past Bears
- Comets fall to Amerks after pair of third period goals
- Crunch sink Comets with three-goal first period
- Gritty performance lifts Comets to first win of season
- Comets use power play to lift to victory in Springfield
- Darcy's backhander lifts Comets to victory in overtime against Penguins
- Rocket soar past Comets in third consecutive matchup
- Early goals, Archibald injury cost Comets in 5-2 loss against Checkers
- Comets give up two-goal lead in OT loss to Marlies
- Comets' playoff hopes are dashed as they fall to Marlies with late shorthanded goal