LEE, N.Y. -- The Oneida County District Attorney's office is waiting on toxicology results on the man who was killed by a state trooper in the town of Lee.
The shooting happened last week on Golly Road.
Trooper Robert Annarino was responding to what was called in as a drug overdose, when the patient allegedly lunged at him with a knife.
State police say Annarino fired several shots killing Tyler Johnson.
The New York State Attorney General's Office determined they don't have jurisdiction in the case.
The DA’s office is leading the investigation.
- DA's office waiting on toxicology report of man killed by trooper in Lee
- State police: Man killed in Lee trooper-involved shooting lunged at officer with knife
- Report: Deadly force used in Lee trooper-involved shooting was justified
- Official: New York state trooper, suspect killed
- UPDATE: Trooper killed in Montgomery County crash
- DA to put all Conley evidence on office website
- Police: Principal who killed NY trooper had 8 assault rifles
- Funeral arrangements made for Montgomery County trooper killed in crash
- Trooper killed in Montgomery County crash posthumously promoted to sergeant
- North Country man handed life without parole for killing wife, state trooper