ILION, N.Y.- There was some action in the Village of Ilion Friday night as the Doo Dah Parade passed through the Village.
The parade was a part of the “Clown around town Ilion days.”
Participants in the parade included the Ilion Police and Fire Departments, Village DPW crews, and lots of other groups.
For Schuyler resident Kenyetta Graves, this was her first time attending the parade and it is one she’ll always remember.
"I have a lot of family and friends that are from Ilion that have came here every year for this parade, and I was invited, and so far I feel like family here. It’s just like a great vibe, it's a great energy that's here and it's nice it's wonderful.” Graves said.
There were plenty of things to cheer up children and families in the parade. Characters dressed as a panda, like Shrek, and as an Ice Cream man drew some smiles.
- Ilion Days Doo Dah Parade
- DOO-DAH PARADE PASSES THROUGH ILION
- Traffic delays, road closures for Ilion Days Doo Dah Parade
- 'Baby Shark' is being turned into a cereal, doo doo doo doo doo doo
- Ilion water problems continue
- Newstalk: Ilion Little Theatre
- Ilion standoff ends peacefully
- Ilion Fire Chief Retires
- Lamica wins Ilion mayor's race
- Ilion buys the Duofold site