The New York State Department of Transportation is looking to fill highway maintenance worker positions for the winter.
According to the DOT website, no civil service exam is required, but a Highway Maintenance Worker Traineeship or one year of experience is necessary. Employees must also complete the DOT Heavy Dump Certification within two weeks of starting employment.
For more information on requirements or to review other available jobs, visit the state DOT website.
- DOT looking for winter highway maintenance workers
- New York State DOT seeks 500 winter workers
- DOT responds to severe winter weather
- State DOT accepting applications
- State DOT workers continue Earth Day cleanup efforts in Utica
- NY Canal Corporation working hard on Erie Canal winter maintenance
- State DOT hiring 470 employees throughout NY
- Used drug syringes dot Camden landscape
- DOT issues flooding road closure report
- DOT worker dies after crash, Cuomo orders NY flags flown at half-staff