UTICA – Drivers who use the Route 5/8/12 Arterial in Utica could experience traffic delays for the next several days.
Starting Thursday morning and running through April 14, State Department of Transportation crews will demolish the deck of the Burrstone Road bridge which passes over the Arterial. Drivers should expect to encounter lane closures in both directions between the Oswego Street and French Road exits. These closures will take place between 9:00 a.m. and 9:00 p.m.
The DOT warns drivers to allow for extra travel time as delays are expected - especially during peak travel times. The DOT also reminds drivers to reduce speed to keep road crews safe while they work. Fines are doubled for speeding violations in a work zone.
- DOT warns of Arterial lane closures during Burrstone Road bridge deck demolition
- Burrstone Road Bridge demolition now underway
- Burrstone Road bridge construction complete in Utica
- Lane closure for Utica North-South Arterial northbound Thursday
- Phase 2 of Burrstone Road Bridge project begins Tuesday
- Heavy rain floods arterial near pedestrian bridge
- New York State DOT to partner with City of Utica to prevent flooding on the arterial
- Boilermaker Sunday kicks off with 5K on Burrstone Road
- State DOT accepting applications
- Road paving will temporarily close portion of Burrstone Road in Utica